Last updated August 13th, 2008. There are no material changes in this version of the policy; we simply wanted to clarify a few points.
- We do not sell, share or otherwise disclose your data to anyone unless 1) you specifically ask us to share your location or 2) we receive a valid subpoena or court order.
- We do not mine your data for patterns.
- We do not use your data to target ads.
- We do not access your location data without your permission.
Information that we collectWe collect the bare minimum of information required for GPS tracking.
- Username and password - used to authenticate users. Passwords are irreversibly scrambled before being stored in our database. We do not store plain text passwords.
- Email - used for notifying our users of changes in service and for resetting forgotten passwords.
- GPS location data - sent by your phone when you run our tracking software. We transmit the following data: your GPS coordinates, speed, altitude, heading, current time, and a randomly generated id. We do not transmit your phone number, contact lists, or any other data stored on your phone.
- HTTP requests - as most web services, we maintain logs of all incoming HTTP requests. Web logs contain IP addresses, requested URLs, referral URLs, and other similar attributes provided by your browser. The data is used mainly for analyzing trends. Old web logs are periodically purged.